Are you weary of gray skies and long winters?
Sparrow school, TK-8, invites you to consider taking up a mixed age kindergarten class, TK/K, here in sunny San Diego, California. The core of the class is a lovely group of children now entering their second year, to be joined by a new cohort of TK children in Fairy Wrenß Forest class in the Fall.
Sparrow, now completing its seventh year, is a public charter school guided by the principles of public Waldorf education. Teachers integrate Waldorf pedagogy with the California Common Core standards, according to the guidelines of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education. All Sparrow teachers are Waldorf trained or actively pursuing certification, and committed to Rudolf Steiner’s indications. We offer also expert in-school mentoring in Waldorf pedagogy.
As an expanding program, we are seeking CA credentialed candidates who have a deep love of students and of teaching as well as a sense of purpose in bringing Waldorf education to the public realm. What we’re looking for in our teachers:
• Experience and training with Waldorf teaching methods
• Experience teaching elementary school
• Classroom management that is neither permissive nor punitive, and that is based on developing the children’s intrinsic motivation (based on methods of Positive Discipline in the Classroom by Jane Nelson and Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne)
• Willingness to collaborate and be a reflective teacher and staff member
• Strong sense of self to be a model of truth, beauty, and love for the students
Sparrow School offers a competitive salary, additional increments for teaching experience and academic and professional credentials, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional development and mentoring. In addition, our faculty is affiliated with National University and receives a tuition discount for pursuing a Master’s degree.
As a staff we work closely together to support one another and our expanding program. Each one of us has a voice in establishing new practices and revising old ones as we consistently monitor our progress. As a close-knit group, we honor positive communication, and respect one another’s input. We are a group of forward thinking, inspired, and determined individuals.
• Fully-credentialed with multiple subject or single subject credential to work in a California public school
• Waldorf certified or actively pursuing Waldorf certification
To apply, send biography and resume to email@example.com