At Sparrow, our teachers have a deep love of students and sense of purpose in bringing progressive methods to public education. We’re seeking experienced teachers who are excited about math and science to bring that enthusiasm and depth of knowledge to our curious middle schoolers. Our students are deep, creative thinkers who hunger for more than text-book science and math. Are you the person to bring these subjects to life for them?
What we’re looking for in our Middle School Math/Science teacher:
- Exemplary middle school teaching experience
- Deep content knowledge and enthusiasm for math and science
- Respectful and effective classroom management techniques
- Willingness to learn and grow as a professional educator
- Prior experience/training in Waldorf methods preferred, but not necessary
We are a public Waldorf charter school, and hands-on, experiential learning is the name of the game for us! Check out Waldorf Education to see if this philosophy is a fit for you.
San Diego is often referred to as “America’s Finest City,” known for its beautiful weather, pristine beaches, friendly people, and variety of entertainment, as well as hosting many museums, botanical gardens and parks. Come join our fun and dedicated team in this lovely city!
Requirements to Apply:
- Introduction Letter
- California Multiple Subject or Single Subject Credentials in Math and Science