Sparrow School is a public charter school program that is guided by the core principles of a public Waldorf education.
As an expanding program, we are seeking CA credentialed candidates who have a deep love of students and of teaching as well as a sense of purpose in bringing Waldorf education to the public realm. The school is in its sixth year and currently includes Grades K-7. 8th grade will be added next year. Grades teachers will stay with their classes as it fits both class & teacher, and will be expected to integrate Waldorf teaching methods with the California Common Core standards. All of the teachers at Sparrow School are Waldorf trained or actively pursuing certification, and committed to Rudolf Steiner’s indications.
What we’re looking for in our teachers:
• Experience and training with Waldorf teaching methods
• Experience teaching elementary school
• Classroom management that is neither permissive nor punitive, and that is based on developing the children’s intrinsic motivation (based on methods of Positive Discipline in the Classroom by Jane Nelson)
• Willingness to collaborate and be a reflective teacher and staff member
• Strong sense of self to be a model of truth, beauty, and love for the students
Sparrow School offers a competitive salary, additional increments for teaching experience and academic and professional credentials, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional development and mentoring. In addition, faculty are affiliated with National University and receive a tuition discount for pursuing a Master’s degree.
San Diego is often referred to as “America’s Finest City”, as it’s known for its beautiful weather, pristine beaches, friendly people and a plethora of entertainment, as well as hosting many museums and lush botanical gardens and parks.
As a staff we work closely together to support one another and our expanding program. Each one of us has a voice in establishing new practices and revising old ones as we consistently monitor our progress. As a close-knit group, we honor positive communication, and respect one another’s input. We are a group of forward thinking, inspired, and determined individuals.
• Fully-credentialed with multiple subject or single subject credential to work in a California public school
• Waldorf certified or actively pursuing Waldorf certification
To apply, send biography and resume to email@example.com